Herrera is seeking a Senior Engineer in Missoula, MT or WY to lead our interdisciplinary team in regional solid waste, mine waste, and hazardous waste projects. This position will be a senior seller/doer, leading staff and executing work for design and engineering related to cleanup and/or containment of waste; CERCLA and RCRA compliance; performing sampling and analysis of soil, groundwater, and waste; conducting construction oversight and environmental monitoring; preparing written reports; and interacting with clients, contractors, and other consultants.
Our company provides a diverse range of engineering and environmental services to cities, counties, state and federal agencies, and private clients throughout the Rocky Mountains and Pacific Northwest. Working for public sector and private clients, the successful candidate will lead multi-disciplinary project teams and work to complete a variety of tasks using advanced problem solving, collaboration, and team leadership skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with our staff in Montana, Washington and Oregon to develop new business both through client relationships and competitive proposals, contract preparation for new work, and quality assurance review. The best candidate will thrive in a team environment and have a passion for managing complex projects. We are willing to entertain someone with the required skills being located in Wyoming.
Strong candidates for this opening will have:
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering
- 10+ years professional experience
- Experience preparing design plans, construction specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Experience developing scopes of work and budgets for design work
- Construction management and inspection experience
- Proven business development acumen in the Western United States
- A current professional engineer’s license in Montana and/or Wyoming or the ability to receive reciprocal registration
In this role we will count on you to:
- Collaborator and team builder with capacity to work with and manage staff from diverse technical disciplines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Master’s degree
- Experience with AutoCAD / Civil3D
- Experience with natural resource issues
- Lead and assist with business development activities including client relations, marketing pursuits, project proposals, statements of work, and fee estimates;
- Maintain an active role and visibility within local, regional, and/or national professional associations and organizations;
- Provide project management for small to large projects and participate as a technical lead on multi-disciplinary, complex project teams;
- Provide technical and creative direction and input for a wide variety of complicated projects depending on specific area of expertise;
- Advocate for and mentor junior staff.
Herrera is a leader in ecosystem restoration, sustainable development, and water resources protection. We recruit individuals who share our values and are dedicated to making a difference. With integrity, objectivity and a strong environmental ethic, we are proud of our positive contribution to our communities, environment, and our employees.
Herrera is an employee-owned firm and we take our commitment to each other as seriously as we are committed to our clients. We invest in each team member to drive the success of our company. Our results-driven, collaborative culture is key to our continued success in developing innovative solutions for clients. We value learning, teaching, and innovation and above all we aim to treat each other and our clients with respect and professionalism. We offer excellent opportunities to develop your career and competitive compensation, including an attractive retirement package.
Application deadline: April 30, 2021
To learn more, visit our website at: www.herrerainc.com
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Herrera provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Herrera does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.